CMTC is affiliated with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and is part of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. The MEP Program contains 60 centers across the U.S. to serve the manufacturing community. Quarterly surveys ensure full accountability and a performance scorecard of certified value for our customers. The MEP Program is an outgrowth of the U.S. Government policy to develop and deploy technology, management and technical expertise for improving the competitiveness of manufacturing for small and medium-sized companies. These companies are critical to California, representing 90% of job growth for high-paying jobs having a 3-5 job multiplier effect in the economy. This means for every new manufacturing job created or retained, there are 3-5 supporting jobs.
We are currently seeking a Client Advisor to support the Fresno Region of the Manufacturing Services Division. This individual is accountable for business development, sales, client relationship building, designing client solutions and project management.
Starting salary range: $90,000-$100,000
You will possess:
* A deep understanding of the manufacturing industry.
* Demonstrated successful sales process execution.
* Possesses the ability to communicate a strategic vision to the “C” level.
* Background in creating new strategies for sales growth of client portfolio accounts.
* Minimum 7 years experience in a professional services firm (Consulting services and/or IT Services)
* Must be able to work autonomously to meet customer and CMTC business objectives.
* A Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- The Client Advisor position is accountable for business development, sales, client relationship building, designing client solutions and project management, along with achieving client satisfaction and impact goals. Position goals will be established based on CMTC requirements and employee capabilities. To support overall performance the position is also accountable for;
- Development of leads to generate new sales toward the achievement of individual sales goals
- Management and delivery of solutions with both CMTC and contractor resources
- Develop and maintain a consistent pipeline of opportunities to support goals
- Generation of sufficient project activity to meet performance requirements for the number of clients surveyed, client impact and satisfaction
- Nurturing “C” level client relationships while demonstrating project impact to generate repeat business to achieve sales goals
- Participate in industry sector associations and events to generate leads, cultivate partnerships and gain referrals to achieve sales goals
- Develop referrals and referral sales through existing accounts and client contacts
- Use CMTC sales processes and best practices to generate business, manage delivery and collect client impacts
- Attend team meetings and training sessions to build capabilities
- Communicate a strategic vision to CEO’s accompanied by innovative service proposals to show CMTC has the solutions to resolve client problems
- Create strategies to provide an improvement and growth roadmap for proactive accounts
- Establish a reputation as a trusted advisor
- Set and manage client expectations to assure high customer value
- Collaborate with internal team members, managers, delivery partners and clients
- Embrace CMTC’s team norms and core values
- Document client activity in CMTC’s Client Relationship Management System (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understand how to sell partnership funding programs to eligible clients
- Build teamwork and develop strong communication among team members
- Develop quarterly plan to achieve goals for clients surveyed, client impact and satisfaction
- Provide client support for CMTC partnership activities (e.g. support for funding proposals, participation on panels, etc.)
- Participate in industry events to promote the CMTC brand (e.g. Manufacturing Day).
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the manufacturing industry is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a professional services firm (Consulting services and/or IT services) selling & client management role
- Demonstrated successful sales process execution
- Understand manufacturing, industry trends and associated business issues
- Discover personal and corporate change drivers
- Understand budgeting and corporate decision making process
- Assess manufacturing client challenges and growth opportunities
- Write effective consulting services proposals
- Sell based on value proposition rather than price
- Establish and manage customer expectations
- Manage a diverse portfolio of large and micro-sized manufacturing clients
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, project management & CRM software
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Attend regular meetings at Torrance HQ and other So Cal partner offices and events
Please forward your resume to John Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cmtc.com/careers for more information.