Steering Committee & DSNs,
Please forgive the multiple emails you may have received regarding the BOG Taskforce recommendations; however, please take the time to review the recommendations and feedback in advance of the July 15th deadline.
As you know, the BOG Task Force on Workforce, Job Creation, and a Strong Economy has announced a public comment period for its draft report and recommendations. They have completed the initial phase of evaluating recommendations from the regional meetings, town hall meetings and constituent groups and has organized the feedback into a set of DRAFT recommendations. The DRAFT recommendations will be posted on the BOG Task Force website from July 1 through July 15 for public review and comment.
Click Here to access the DRAFT Recommendations (http://doingwhatmatters.cccco.edu/StrongWorkforce/DraftReport.aspx)
The DRAFT recommendations are organized into five categories:
- Workforce Data & Outcome
- Curriculum & Instructors
- Structured Career Pathways & Student Support
- Regional Coordination
Background reports for the task force’s deliberations are available here: http://doingwhatmatters.cccco.edu/StrongWorkforce/ReadingList.aspx
A feedback link is included on the report webpage. It is an orange “feedback” button along the left margin.
The final meeting of the task force is scheduled July 29. The report and recommendations are expected to be finalized at this meeting. Feedback should be submitted by July 15 in order to ensure that it is considered.
- The BOG Task Force writing team will incorporate the public comments into the DRAFT recommendations and the amended draft will be reviewed by the BOG Task Force members on July 29, 2015.
- The BOG Task Force chairs will create the final document and present it to the Board of Governors at their retreat on September 20, 2015.
- A first reading of the final recommendations will be presented to the Board of Governors on September 21, 2015.
- The second reading and adoption are scheduled for the November 16, 2015 Board of Governor’s meeting.
Have you missed any recent posts? Check out our NEWS page for past posts!